Red Giant’s Noir Photo & Movie Looks Come to iPhone
I am a BIG fan of Red Giant Software. They publish a ton of incredibly useful desktop apps and plugins for filmmakers and motion graphic designers. Now, I’m excited to report, they’ve introduced a couple iPhone apps that are sure to make mobile filmmakers happy: Noir and Movie Looks. Both were designed (at least in part) by one of my heros, Stu Maschwitz.
Noir ($2.99) helps you “re-light” photos, letting you call attention to what’s most important in the image. After tweaking your photos, you can then import them a storyboarding app like Storyboard Composer. With Noir’s help, you can create far more effective, focused storyboards.
Movie Looks ($2.99) is like a mini, pocket-sized version of Red Giant’s Magic Bullet Looks. With Movie Looks on your iPhone, you can import video clips and apply pre-defined color grades (“looks”). There are plenty of other apps like this in the app store, but most of them aren’t especially good — more gimmicky than useful. Movie Looks, on the other hand, features some very well designed color grades. But, even the best grade won’t help crap footage (that parts up to you).
Here’s a video demo of both apps. There’s a slight bit of overexposure in the beginning of the Noir demo, but you’ll still get the idea.
by Moment Park, LLC
Turn any photo into cinematic, dramatic black and white. Don’t just take a photo. Tell a story.
Noir Photo transforms your photos into rich black and white, with beautiful, dramatic lighting that you control. Highlight your subject with the customizable vignette, then dial in the lighting and contrast.
• Spotlight what matters with Noir’s fun and easy vignette controls.
• Everything is at your fingertips. Three simple dials control the lighting inside and outside the vignette, and overall contrast.
• Set the mood with one of four color tints.
• Get started instantly with one of six presets, then tweak it to make it your own. You can even save your own presets with a long press!
• Share your beautiful, full-resolution cinematic photos anywhere! #noirphoto
by Moment Park, LLC
Instant Hollywood on your videos. 40 Movie inspired Looks.
Movie Looks adds emotional impact and fantastic color treatments to your videos - like those seen in popular TV shows and films. Movie story tellers expertly apply color and music to add just the right emotional direction to fit their story. What color is your story?
The Look effects are inspired by popular films like Terminator Salvation, Bourne Identity and Resident Evil. Movie Looks isn’t just another video filter app, the Looks were created by experts that did special effects on Men in Black, Star Wars and Sin City. The color recipes are artistic and subtle giving just the right amount of effect to maximize the emotion reaction.
• Pick any video in your library
• Brightness and Strength controls to adjust the effect
40 Look effects
• Popular Film Looks: Inspired by motion picture favorites. Shoot your own crime drama, try out a classic war movie, or make a Bourne-inspired spy shoot.
• Black & White: Give the look of silent films, old-fashioned home movies
• Blockbusters: Modern edgy looks inspired by recent action films like Terminator and Transformers.