READER SHOWCASE: The Latter by Micah Moss
It’s Wednesday, and you know what that means! It’s time for another Reader Showcase! Ok… actually, this is the first time we’re doing this, but it sounds like a good idea for a weekly thing, doesn’t it? So, consider this the first of a new weekly feature. A showcase, if you will. A Wednesday Reader Showcase. Now, where was I?
Check out The Latter, created by Micah Moss (Writer/Director/Producer/Animator) and Aaron Sjogren (Cinematographer/Editor/Soundtrack). Micah shot this entire cool, moody short on his iPad 2. He also utilized a bunch of iOS apps including SteadyLens, Movie Looks HD, GarageBand, and iMotion HD. Nice work!
by Moment Park, LLC
Instant Hollywood on your videos. 40 Movie inspired Looks.
Movie Looks adds emotional impact and fantastic color treatments to your videos - like those seen in popular TV shows and films. Movie story tellers expertly apply color and music to add just the right emotional direction to fit their story. What color is your story?
The Look effects are inspired by popular films like Terminator Salvation, Bourne Identity and Resident Evil. Movie Looks isn’t just another video filter app, the Looks were created by experts that did special effects on Men in Black, Star Wars and Sin City. The color recipes are artistic and subtle giving just the right amount of effect to maximize the emotion reaction.
• Pick any video in your library
• Brightness and Strength controls to adjust the effect
40 Look effects
• Popular Film Looks: Inspired by motion picture favorites. Shoot your own crime drama, try out a classic war movie, or make a Bourne-inspired spy shoot.
• Black & White: Give the look of silent films, old-fashioned home movies
• Blockbusters: Modern edgy looks inspired by recent action films like Terminator and Transformers.
GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. And with Live Loops, it makes it easy for anyone to have fun creating music like a DJ. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play keyboards, guitars, and create beats that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug in a guitar or bass and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks. Use the new Sound Library to download additional free instruments, loops and sound packs. Audio Unit Extensions in iOS 11 allow you to play, record and mix third-party instruments or effects right into GarageBand. And then share your song with friends and family.
Live Loops. Make music like a DJ
• Use Multi-Touch to tap and trigger a Live Loop cell or group of cells
• Get started with templates or build your own grid from scratch with Apple Loops
• Create custom loops by recording directly into a cell using any Touch Instrument
• Use Remix FX to perform DJ-style effects
• Tap record and capture your performance
Play your iPad, and iPhone, like a musical instrument
• Play a variety of musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Play and record using the Alchemy synth*
• Build grooves inspired by classic electronic drum machines with the Beat Sequencer
• Download free instruments, loops and sound packs for GarageBand with the Sound Library
• Capture any sound and apply studio-class effects
• Recreate legendary guitar or bass rigs using virtual amps & stompboxes
• Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch**
• Record performances from third-party music apps directly into GarageBand using Audio Unit Extensions***
Drummer for iOS
• Add virtual session drummers to your song who take direction and play realistic grooves
• Choose from acoustic, electronic drummers and percussionists****
• Each character provides their own sound and the ability to create over a million realistic grooves and fills
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Play an entire string orchestra using Smart Strings
• Perform with Chord Strips and autoplay using any keyboard instrument
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Strum chords or trigger autoplay patterns on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar
Create a song anywhere you go
• Record, arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops*****
• Record multiple times over any song section and choose your favorite using Multi-Take Recording
• Use professional mixing effects, including Visual EQ, Bitcrusher, and Overdrive
• Recording, mixing and exporting a song can be done at 24-bit audio resolution
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Automate the volume and record the movement of controls on Touch Instruments
• Add comments or lyric ideas to your song with an integrated notepad
Share your songs
• Keep your songs up to date across all devices using iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs using email or Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud******
• Remotely add new tracks to your Logic Pro X project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
* The Alchemy synth is available on iPhone 6 or later, iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation), iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4.
** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s or later.
*** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extensions apps from the App Store.
**** Requires free download from GarageBand Sound Library.
***** Multitrack recording requires a compatible third-party audio interface.
****** Sharing to Facebook and YouTube requires iMovie.
iMotion is an intuitive and powerful time-lapse and stop-motion app for iOS.
Take pictures, edit your movie and export 4K UHD, 1080p & 720p HD videos to your device or directly to Youtube.
Time-lapse is a cinematography technique which accelerates movement. It can be used to photograph cloudscapes, plants growing, crowds...
Stop motion is an animation technique which makes a physically manipulated object look like it’s moving on its own.
The Apple watch app give you a live preview of your iPhone camera on the screen of your Apple watch. And you can remotely control your capture by touching your Apple watch.
-4K UHD, 1080p & 720p HD capture & exports (*)
-Universal binaries iPhone / iPad / iPodTouch
-4 capture modes (time-lapse, manual, wifi remote, photo library import)
-Ultra speed shooting up to 10fps (*)
-Variable frame rate playback
-Portrait and landscape orientations supported
-Rear and front cameras supported
-Useful capture tools (Manual Focus, Exposure & White balance, Onion skin…)
-Export: videos, photos and animated GIF to your Photo Library, iTunes Sharing Folder, Facebook, Youtube, Mail and iOS apps.
-Quick and smooth interface
-Autosave and direct preview
-Unlimited movie length
-Add audio soundtrack to your movie with iPod import, microphone and AudioPaste (In-App Full Version required)
-Import multiple frames from your Photo Library (In-App Full Version required)
-Export & import your movie project, using DropBox, Mail and iTunes Sharing Folder (In-App Full Version required)
(*) 4K UHD, 1080p & 10ps shooting are only available on recent devices
Include Apple Watch app for preview and trigger capture for both Time-lapse and manuel.
Download “iMotion Remote” app for free to preview and remote your capture from an other device iPhone/iPad/iPodtouch.
Watch movies made with iMotion:
Watch us : vimeo.com/fingerlab
Follow us : twitter.com/fingerlab
Powered by Fingerlab