pCAM Classic - Film+Digital
by Thin Man Inc.
pCAM Classic - Film+Digital
** DO NOT purchase this legacy version of pCAM, it will soon be removed from sale. **
Buy the NEW pCAM Pro app ---->
pCAM Pro, a new and improved version is now available that was built from scratch. pCAM Pro’s price is temporarily discounted making it easier for current users wishing to upgrade. Spread the word, purchase now before the price increases. pCAM Pro has a new interface, many new features, automatic server updates to new cameras, and now both iPad and iPhone compatible.
24 bundled cinematography & still photography tools used by Oscar & Emmy winning Directors of Photography and Cinema & Media Studies students worldwide. Quick & easy tools for Camera Assistants, Camera Operators, VFX Supervisors, Script Supervisors, Gaffers, Grips, Editors, Production Designers, Art Directors, and Photographers.
It was designed by a working camera technician for professional photographers & filmmakers. Unlike other photography apps, its graphical interface helps the user understand how each calculation is applied. Often reviewed as “the Swiss army knife of cinema and photography apps.”
– Over a 1000 camera formats plus unlimited customizable, user-defined camera formats, CoC & filters.
– Depth of Field calculation
– Hyperfocal calculation
– Image Circle calculation
– Splits/Aperture Finder
– Field of View (Picture Sizes)
– Field of View Preview in both Portrait and Landscape camera positions (with 8 images to size shots)
– Angle of View calculation
– Relative Sizes (compares sensors)
– Focal Length (lens) Matching
– Triangulate calculation
– Exposure calculations
– Running Time to Length
– Shooting to Screen Time
– HMI Flicker-free (safe shutters and safe camera speeds)
– Color Correction (choosing color correction filters)
– Diopter (calculations, distance, diopter power)
– Macro (Object distance, magnification, Corrected stop, DoF, Object Size, Image Size, Fill percentage)
– Time Lapse (Shooting Interval, Event Duration, Screen Time)
– Underwater Distance
– Scene Illumination (beam intensity)
– Light Coverage (width/distance)
– Mired Shift (with suggested color correction gels)
– Light (Eye-light or Catch-light)
– Light Effects (Animated light effects: fire, strobe, neon, siren, etc. For handheld light or Apple Airplay to HDTV)
– Conversion calculator
– Siemens Star (Focus chart)
– Insert Slate
– Reference (Technical charts, lists and tables: Cine Film stocks, Cine Lens Manufacturers, False Color/Exposure Change, Miniature Shooting, Safe Panning Speeds, Zone System).
20 YEARS - 2 AWARDS
Originally designed in 1998 for the Palm Pilot and Trēo devices, this app has become a time-tested industry standard.
62nd Primetime Emmy Awards. Engineering award for "Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development" from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
24 bundled Cinematography and Still Photography apps useful for Photographers, Directors of Photography, Camera Operators, Camera Assistants, VFX Supervisors, Script Supervisors, Gaffers, Grips, Motion Picture Editors, Production Designers, Art Directors, Film and Photography Students.