O.P.N. FOR DECEMBER 2ND, 2013
Welcome to another edition of Other People’s News. What follows are some of the more interesting info-nuggets I’ve recently spotted around the web-o-sphere.
- On his VJ Technology Blog, Glen Mulcahy offered up a super handy cheat sheet of iMovie gestures. He also discusses what I believe is the app’s best new feature: the ability to detach audio from existing video clips. Glen also recently published a very nice report on using radio mics (lavs, handhelds, etc.) with an iPhone.
- iMore took a look at the recent olloclip update. The new version offers an additional macro lens, and more. If you’ve read my book, you already know I’m a BIG fan of the olloclip. I expect this new version will only fan the flames of my love.
- iMore also reported on the Pencil, a sexy new stylus from 53 (the makers of Paper for iPad). This bluetooth beauty lacks pressure sensitivity, but its automatic palm-rejection and built-in “eraser” might make this a solid choice for digital storyboard artists.
- NoFilmSchool.com told readers about Arri’s Free Photometrics App for iPhone and iPad. Looks mighty informative for DPs and Gaffers , but as you might expect, it only covers Arri lighting gear.
- MacAppDeals is offering a deal on a three-lens kit for iPhone. For the next week or so, you can pick up the kit for $23.99 (down from $69). I can’t remember where I first read about this (a few sites have mentioned it)…and I have absolutely no idea if these lenses are any good (or total poop).
- It doesn’t matter if you’re capturing video on your iPhone or blocking shots on your iPad – nothing sucks more than running out of juice before you’ve wrapped your shoot. That’s why I’m always on the lookout for high-capacity iPhone/iPad batteries. It looks like iMore found a nice one called the Moshi Ionbank 10k.
Did I miss something? Leave a link in the comment section!
Paper by WeTransfer
Paper by WeTransfer
Over 25 million people have set their ideas free with Paper®, the award-winning immersive sketching app.
FIND YOUR FLOW
Sketch, type, paint, draw — whatever the thought, you can get it down on Paper. Bring ideas to life in beautiful 3D journals that keep you in your flow. With fast, gesture-based navigation it’s easy and natural to use Paper.
SKETCH WITH CONFIDENCE
Paper’s perfectly-tuned tools make it easy to draw, outline, write, color, diagram, collage, cut and fill. Snap rough sketches into straight lines and crisp shapes, or use one of our templates and see where it takes you.
GET CREATIVE (WITHOUT THE MESS)
Add multiple photos to a single page and cut, stick, move and fix without the fuss of complex layers. From mood boards to storyboards, pull in inspiration from anywhere and get ideas flowing.
WORK ON THE IDEA, NOT THE TOOL
A simple, quiet interface and gestural navigation give you space to create without distracting controls or sliders. Draw, cut and move without switching modes or group notes, sketches and photos, all with a simple swipe.
YOUR IDEAS, YOUR WORLD
Arrange work into beautiful journals with custom covers and organize pages however you like. Sync your work across different devices and pick up right where you left off.
BECOME A PRO
Take creativity to the next level and subscribe to Paper Pro for more tools and features. Subscription is optional and you can cancel anytime. To upgrade, visit the Paper Pro section in the Settings menu.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account once you confirm the purchase.
* Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period. To opt out, you must turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
* Manage changes to your subscription in the iTunes Account Settings.
* Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited when you purchase a Paper Pro subscription.
Love Paper? Please leave a review! We read every comment, review and tweet, and your thoughts and suggestions are taken into serious consideration as we continue to evolve the tool.
If you need help or want to share feedback, contact us at email@example.com.
Terms of Service: https://paper.bywetransfer.com/terms
by ARRI Group
The ARRI Photometric App gives you the ability to quickly reference the photometric characteristics of all of the ARRI light fixtures.
The following information is available:
- Luminous Output
- Beam Diameter
- Beam Angle
- Flood, Middle and Spot Photometrics
- Luminous Distribution Graph
- Camera Exposure and Aperture Information
- Light Properties including: Color Temperature, CRI, Protection Rating, Dimming, Dimensions, Weight, Power Draw, Lamp Holder Type, Mounting, Reflector Type, Lens Type, and Scrim Size
- Metric and Imperial Units
- Create projects and save preset fixtures
- Bulb Selection
- Compare Lampheads
- DMX Implementation Tables
- DMX Conversion Calculator
- CCL Calculator
- Discontinued Product Data
- Electronic Ballast Information