O.P.N. FOR DECEMBER 2ND, 2013
Welcome to another edition of Other People’s News. What follows are some of the more interesting info-nuggets I’ve recently spotted around the web-o-sphere.
- On his VJ Technology Blog, Glen Mulcahy offered up a super handy cheat sheet of iMovie gestures. He also discusses what I believe is the app’s best new feature: the ability to detach audio from existing video clips. Glen also recently published a very nice report on using radio mics (lavs, handhelds, etc.) with an iPhone.
- iMore took a look at the recent olloclip update. The new version offers an additional macro lens, and more. If you’ve read my book, you already know I’m a BIG fan of the olloclip. I expect this new version will only fan the flames of my love.
- iMore also reported on the Pencil, a sexy new stylus from 53 (the makers of Paper for iPad). This bluetooth beauty lacks pressure sensitivity, but its automatic palm-rejection and built-in “eraser” might make this a solid choice for digital storyboard artists.
- NoFilmSchool.com told readers about Arri’s Free Photometrics App for iPhone and iPad. Looks mighty informative for DPs and Gaffers , but as you might expect, it only covers Arri lighting gear.
- MacAppDeals is offering a deal on a three-lens kit for iPhone. For the next week or so, you can pick up the kit for $23.99 (down from $69). I can’t remember where I first read about this (a few sites have mentioned it)…and I have absolutely no idea if these lenses are any good (or total poop).
- It doesn’t matter if you’re capturing video on your iPhone or blocking shots on your iPad – nothing sucks more than running out of juice before you’ve wrapped your shoot. That’s why I’m always on the lookout for high-capacity iPhone/iPad batteries. It looks like iMore found a nice one called the Moshi Ionbank 10k.
Did I miss something? Leave a link in the comment section!
Paper by WeTransfer
by FiftyThree, Inc.
Paper by WeTransfer
Paper® is the immersive sketching app for capturing ideas anywhere. Over 25 million people have found their personal creative space in Paper—handwriting notes, drafting, diagramming, sketching, and giving form to their vision.
FIND YOUR FLOW
Sketch, draw, diagram, color, write notes: No matter what the inspiration, you can get it down on Paper. Capture your ideas in beautiful, 3D Journals that keep you focused and in your creative flow. Fast, gesture-based navigation makes it easy and natural to use Paper. Easily move your ideas into Paste, our app for creative teams.
SKETCH WITH CONFIDENCE
Every tool tuned to perfection: draw, sketch, outline, write, color, diagram, cut, fill, and mix. Auto-correction snaps rough drawings to straight lines and crisp shapes for quickly drafting architectures and diagrams. Drop in templates like grid, lines, and storyboard to help structure your ideas.
WORK ON THE IDEA, NOT THE TOOL
Paper’s simple, quiet interface and gestural navigation offer you space to create without the distraction of controls and sliders. Pencil and touch superpowers let you draw, cut, and move without switching modes. Drag to easily rearrange pages, group notes with sketches, annotate photos, even "undo" with a gesture and stay in the flow.
YOUR IDEAS, YOUR WORLD
Arrange your personal set of Journals with beautiful covers to customize your creative space. Expand your pages to view them as a grid for easy organization.
BECOME A PRO
Take your creativity to the next level. Get additional tools and features by subscribing to Paper Pro. Subscription is optional, and you can cancel anytime. To subscribe, visit the Paper Pro section in the Settings menu.
Paper Pro is an optional renewing 6-month subscription. You can cancel at any time.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account once you confirm the purchase.
* Your subscription will automatically renew within 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. To opt out, you must turn off the auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
* Manage changes to your subscription in the iTunes Account Settings.
* Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited when you purchase a Paper Pro subscription.
Love Paper? Please leave a review! We read every comment, review, and tweet, and your thoughts and suggestions are taken into serious consideration as we continue to evolve Paper.
If you need help or want to share feedback, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms of Service: https://paper.bywetransfer.com/terms
by ARRI Group
The ARRI Photometric App gives you the ability to quickly reference the photometric characteristics of all of the ARRI light fixtures.
The following information is available:
- Luminous Output
- Beam Diameter
- Beam Angle
- Flood, Middle and Spot Photometrics
- Luminous Distribution Graph
- Camera Exposure and Aperture Information
- Light Properties including: Color Temperature, CRI, Protection Rating, Dimming, Dimensions, Weight, Power Draw, Lamp Holder Type, Mounting, Reflector Type, Lens Type, and Scrim Size
- Metric and Imperial Units
- Create projects and save preset fixtures
- Bulb Selection
- Compare Lampheads
- DMX Implementation Tables
- DMX Conversion Calculator
- CCL Calculator
- Discontinued Product Data
- Electronic Ballast Information