Adobe Story lets screenwriters review script notes on iPhone
One of the coolest web apps around is Adobe Story. Part of Adobe’s CSLive suite of applications, Story is Adobe’s online screenwriting tool that focuses on collaboration (using modern technologies like metadata). If you’re a screenwriter, its worth taking a look.
Now, Adobe has expanded the Adobe Story universe by releasing a new iPhone app called…wait for it… Adobe Story. Catchy, right? The new app is NOT a screenwriting app. But it IS a screenwriter’s app.
With this app installed on your iPhone, you can access your online scripts and documents, review comments and changes made by your collaborators, and add your own comments and notes. Everything you do is synced back to your online account. Pretty handy stuff for a FREE app! Not only is the iPhone app free, but so is Adobe Story online (until April 12th, 2012. After that, who knows). Check out the video below to see the desktop verison of Adobe Story in action.
Apps mentioned in this post:
Scripts Pro - Screenwriting on the Go
by Inkless Ideas LLC
Scripts Pro - Screenwriting on the Go
**** All New for iOS 9 in 2017!
The #1 selling iphone movie script writing app in the world is now even better!
Now Fountain Compatible!
100% new revision is Smooth and Beautiful - You will fall in love with writing all over again!
* Featured in New and Noteworthy, In the Director's Chair
* Featured in New and Noteworthy, Focus on Writing
* Top 100 iPhone and iPad Productivity app in 100+ countries
* "Beautiful new interface makes screenwriting a breeze" - AppAdvice.com
* "Scripts Pro focuses on the creative process, giving you the space and freedom to unleash your full creative energy onto the page." - iPhone Life Magazine
* 'Best Filmmaking Apps' - MovieScope Magazine
* "Use your iPad to write that Oscar winning script anytime, anywhere with Scripts Pro." - G4TV
Designed for film and television screenwriters – Scripts Pro automatically generates industry standard screenplay formatting so you stay focused on writing.
Scripts Pro imports, exports, and preserves your Final Draft, Celtx, Fountain (*NEW!), and formatted Text files from most desktop script writing software.
Scripts Pro is optimized for both iPad and iPhone. No need to purchase 2 separate versions!
When writing in Scripts Pro you forget about the app and stay focused on your story. There is no cluttered interface or complex inputs to learn.
Create, edit, or review your scripts whenever creativity strikes - in the coffee shop, in the loo, walking your dog, on the metro, in bed when a blockbuster idea strikes – anytime, anywhere!
Fully compatible with Final Draft, Celtx, Fountain (*NEW!), PDF, html, and TXT files.
Uses industry-standard Tab and Return for automatic element insertion (e.g., if you hit “Return” after a Character Name, Scripts Pro will automatically format the next area as Dialogue).
FLEXIBLE FORMAT SUPPORT
- Fully compatible with Final Draft, Celtx, Fountain (*NEW!), PDF, html, and TXT files
FULL iCLOUD INTEGRATION
- All your scripts stay up to date & backed up across all your iOS devices – Automatically.
FULL DROPBOX INTEGRATION
- 1-click Dropbox backup and file sharing
SCRIPT NOTES (*NEW!)
- Insert script notes in areas needing further attention or collaboration input
IOS DICTATION SUPPORT
- Speak your Script into Existence!
SEAMLESSLY IMPORT AND EXPORT FINAL DRAFT AND CELTX FILES
- Formatting, fdx notes, font treatments & index cards are preserved round-trip. You can even work with Movie Magic and Movie Draft using formatted .txt files.
AUTO COMPLETION ENABLED
– Both Script-Specific and iOS Pop Up Suggestions make writing faster and less tedious
- Clean Uncluttered Layout in Portrait and Landscape
SCRIPT PICTURE PREVIEW (*NEW!)
- Attach an image to a Script for easy visual association
FULL PAPERLESS SUPPORT
- Import & Export from Dropbox, iTunes, iCloud, History, and Email via FDX, Fountain (*NEW!), PDF and more
SCRIPT VERSION HISTORY
- Access earlier Script versions from our unique History mode – Your own Script Time Machine!
READER / PREVIEW MODE
- See your scripts in exact Studio format with accurate page numbering
EASY SCRIPT EDITING AND NAVIGATION
- Intuitive features include 1-touch scene and character switching, icon toolbar, intuitive Tab and Return buttons, and more
BLUETOOTH KEYBOARD SUPPORT
- Use your external Bluetooth keyboard to hammer out that award winning script anytime, anywhere
- Wirelessly print scripts from your iDevice
POWERFUL SCRIPT ENGINE
- Robust rendering engine provides blazing fast desktop-like performance with no lags
- Our team is here for you 24/7 - Email us with questions, suggestions, or to just say “Hi” at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for letting us help you write that Hollywood blockbuster movie script with the ultimate screenwriting tool for the iPad and iPhone - Scripts Pro!
by Answer Apps LLC
***** THE VERY BEST MOBILE SCREENWRITING APP ON THE MARKET! *****
[Version: 2.2.7] - iOS Requirement 6.0 or higher - Please check Apple's Website regarding iOS versions and devices that are compatible. As a reminder, ScriptWrite does not have an automatic back-up system. We will have that in a future version. For now, be sure to export your scripts frequently to have a back-up. This is especially important prior to any update. Thank you. Please take a moment and complete the short ScriptWrite Registration form on our website at: http://filterapps.wordpress.com/scriptwrite-registration/
With iOS 8, you will need to DISABLE 'Predictive' typing to use the ScriptWrite Toolbar. Go to Settings > General > Keyboard to disable 'predictive'.
ScriptWrite is screenwriting for the iPhone and iPad done the right way, an application for screenwriters by screenwriters. Write an entire screenplay or a quick scene on the go, all with one easy interface.
The ScriptWrite Toolbar gives you everything you need, right where you need it, without cluttering your creative space. It's perfect for seasoned screenwriters, or those new to the craft! ScriptWrite Features:
- Universal for both iPhone and iPad (also iPod touch)
- Change the name of and duplicate your scripts
- Write Mode and Read Mode in portrait or landscape
- ScriptWrite Toolbar for easy, simple access to script elements
- Ability to change elements after they have been written
- Scene database that provides 'go-to' and 'rearranging' of scenes
- Character database that provides auto-fill upon import as well as add/delete character names for each script
- Character name auto-suggest
- Smart auto-advancement from element to element as you write
- Smart scrolling so that large scripts do not hang up the app as you are writing/reading
- Settings page that will auto-fill your Title Page
- Quick Start menu provides icon descriptions
- Links to our video tutorials and homepage
- Import and Export files for Movie Magic Screenwriter 6 (.txt), Final Draft 8 (.fdx), and Celtx (.txt) [Not all features of Movie Magic Screenwriter 6 and Final Draft 8 are supported]
- Import and Export via Email, iTunes and Dropbox
- Export scripts in .pdf format (Includes Title Page)
- Print scripts using AirPrint
- Works with External Keyboard on iPad, including Tab Key support for element advancement.
For news, information, and support, please visit: http://www.scriptwriteapp.com ==============================
We appreciate your support and suggestions. Please contact us at email@example.com to report any bugs. If you are enjoying ScriptWrite, please leave us a positive review here in the App Store.
by Celtx Inc.
The #1 Rated Scriptwriting App!
Lean, lightning fast, and fully-featured. Celtx Script makes it easy to write properly formatted scripts on your iPhone or iPad.
-Automatic formatting to Screenplay, A/V, Stageplay, Audioplay, & Comic Book industry standards.
-Add notes & comments to your scripts for yourself or collaborators.
-Autosync: create a free Celtx account and have all your scripts automatically backed up to your online studio. Avoid losing any work due to loss or damage to your mobile device, and get the latest revisions from your writing partners on the fly.
Fade In Mobile
by The General Coffee Company Film Productions
Fade In Mobile
[NOTE: This is an interim update to address Dropbox's changes to their connectivity. You will be required to re-authorize the app for Dropbox access. A full update to the mobile app is in development. Please be sure to back up your work to Dropbox.]
Fade In Mobile is a complete screenplay editor for Fade In Professional Screenwriting Software (.fadein) files. It is specifically designed to work with the unique interface and capabilities of your mobile device.
Use this full version of Fade In Mobile with the full or demo desktop version of Fade In Professional Screenwriting Software to easily import screenplays from any number of formats, including PDF and Final Draft.
It takes care of proper script formatting, including standard script styles, and provides tools for quickly selecting character and location names, as well as for efficiently navigating your script.
Use your Dropbox account to access your work on the go and sync your writing seamlessly with your computer.
Follow @fadeinsoftware on Twitter and Fade In Professional Screenwriting Software on Facebook for updates.
Like using Fade In Mobile? Please think about rating it here on the App Store. Thank you!